Friday, July 10, 2015

Who's Your BFF?

I have a beautiful friend that is an amazing person and who is honestly loved by everyone who knows her.  She's very intelligent and compassionate, a great mom, down to earth, loves the Lord, and  is an amazing wife and is just a lot of fun to be around.  She has a genuinely beautiful soul...and she's the best hair dresser EVER.  I've known her for the past 15 years or so, as she married my husband's almost lifelong best friend.  It has been a blessing to know her, and I honestly can't say enough good things about her.  Really.

 UL pink peony


Besides cutting my hair amazingly well, she does something else that I just think is awesome.  As I said before, everyone that knows this sweet lady loves her, so it would be easy to be jealous of other friendships she has besides me.  But I can't because she is genuine with everyone.  She is uplifting, encouraging, and real with everyone.  That's not the thing that I'm talking about, though.  This lady knows a lot of people.  A lot of people love her and know her well, but when she references someone that is especially close to her, she doesn't call them her best friend.  I honestly believe it's because she doesn't want to hurt other people's feelings.  What she does say is this,

"So and so is one of my favorite people." 

Isn't that lovely?  It's a warming sentiment and everyone gets to be included.  Wouldn't you love that if someone said that about you?  I'm just hyper aware of the whole BFF thing because my kids are at that age, my daughter especially.  It's the whole if I have one BEST friend, then what are the rest of them?  Leftovers?  Yuck.  I know this world isn't all rainbows and roses, but I love it when we can find a happy nugget.

As you go through today, think about who your favorite people are.  Now go hug them for being one of your favorite people, and then go find another favorite person and hug them, too.  Make it a happy, favorite people day.  I'd love to hear what happens.  Please comment below.




No comments:

Post a Comment