Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Let's Teach Our Kids How to Handle Money

I was very honored recently to be interviewed by Laura Harris of PiggyBankDreams.com about my son and his trip to Washington DC and New York.  More specifically, I got to brag about his fundraising efforts it took to get there.  I was so excited to get talk about it the process and the struggles.  It was such a cool experience to that I wanted to share it on my own blog, as well.  Click on the link below to jump over there and take a look.



 UL carribean blue & sugared plum

Laura is doing a series on teaching our kids about money, and there are tons of terrific tips and insights. In the meantime, I'd love to hear about some of the things you are doing with your kids that have worked and that haven't worked, as well, to teach them about money.  Please tell me about them in the comments below.


3 comments:

  1. Just yesterday I read an article about taking "The Ultimate U.S. Road Trip" where people can visit all 48 states in one go, seeing important sites/landmarks in each state. I immediately thought about your son's trip! I was thinking, "That's one family that could plan and save up to actually pull off a dream road trip like this." You did a beautiful job telling your story, Jennille!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! We're not totally where we want to be, but we're heading in the right direction. That sounds like a fun trip!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete