Friday, July 31, 2015

What's Your Superhero Power?

What's your superhero power?  Do you know what it is?  As mom's I think we can get lost a little bit in the day to day--even when we do it well.  

I am on a committee at my church to help with some redecorating projects that we are doing.  I love it!  I love being part of the behind the scenes stuff. Most people just notice that something looks different, but don't really think about how it got there or who designed it.  It just appears one Sunday. It's a small committee, only 5 people.  We each have distinct talents: one is our fearless leader and idea finder; one is photographer; I'm the lettering and idea mixer; a super creative student artist; and finally, a super star idea supporter.  Now that last mentioned person might not think much of her contributions, but it's actually really important.  It had never occurred to me that she might not think much of her contributions until our leader asked her what her superpowers are, and she said she didn't know.

I've been completely guilty of downplaying (out loud and in my mind) what my gifts are.  I've not valued them and short changed myself for what my skills really are.  There are some things that I really am good at, others that I could do better, and a lot that I'm still learning.  We all have a range of skills.  This beautiful friend of mine didn't seem to value her supportive and critical role.  The kicker is that I've seen on more than one occasion that her support has helped make people around her very successful.  I'm not saying she is a magic pill, but having the support of someone you love is a key element to building dreams--whether it's decorating a church or building a business from scratch. 

When you have someone that is fun to be around, supports what you do, understands that it's okay to think outside of what is the norm, and makes you laugh??  That's called a blessing and a friend.  Be thankful and  be sure to tell these supporter people that you appreciate them and their reliability.  I appreciate this friend's sweet and sarcastic sense of humor.  I love doing things with her, on committees or just hanging out.

 UL crimson red & peony pink


Can I just say, I have the best friends ever?  A couple weeks ago, I posted about another beautiful friend of mine.  This is a completely different person I'm talking about this time.  Different skills.  Different personality.  Different style.  Still a huge blessing to me.  I'm so blessed!

Who is your quiet superhero friend?  Are you the quiet superhero friend?  Tell me below what it is that you appreciate about that person.  Now go tell them.

No comments:

Post a Comment