Friday, June 26, 2015

What Do You Do For Yourself, Mom?

I don't know why we do it, but it is characteristically a mom thing to put ourselves last.  That's why they have to remind us on plane rides to put our oxygen masks on first before taking care of our children's mask.  It makes sense, but I know I (and a lot of other mom's out there) still tend to put everyone else before ourselves.  Maybe it's guilt because I'm a working mom (but I know I did it when I was a stay at home mom, too), or maybe it's not managing resources well.  I do tend to do more things for myself when our money is planned and budgeted better...I could write tons of posts on that subject alone, but that will be another day.  

Last night, one of my sweet friends sent this picture to me of her Uppercase Living expression that I dropped off to her yesterday.  

 UL Laundry Room

I love it!  Her words to me were, "It livens up my boring laundry room...where I spend a lot of my time!" I completely agree.  If we have to be there anyway, we might as well make it fun, right?  The part that really struck me was her response to something so simple as some fun words on the wall.

"I feel like it's something just for me.:)"

I am completely guilty of putting things off for myself.  It was a sweet reminder from a sweet lady that it's okay to take care of ourselves and do a little something for ourselves along the way.

What little things do you enjoy doing for yourself amid the everyday, routine tasks?  Please comment below.





No comments:

Post a Comment