Monday, June 22, 2015

I Golfed!

I wouldn't consider myself an elite athlete.  That probably has more to do with my own self image than my actual abilities.  I may not push myself as much as I really could.  However, I will say that with my active endeavors, I have developed a certain amount of body awareness.  By body awareness, I mean I know what my body is doing.  I believe that comes from doing crossfit and doing a lot of karate--where one needs to know exactly what one's body is doing.  

 UL rosemary tea


Last weekend was my 16th wedding anniversary celebration (my actual anniversary was on June 5th).  While my husband has been golfing at a hobby level for several years now, I have never managed to make it out on the course...well, beyond putt-putt, anyway.  So that's what I told him I wanted to do.  Golf.  Guess what!  This girl loved it!  I'm sure it helped that my hubby is an amazingly patient teacher...and that we didn't keep score really.  I only lost 2 balls in the water and really and truly kept my hits pretty straight.  I might just have a new hobby!

 Super cheese

Besides, who wouldn't want to hang out with their very own hottie (who happens to hate selfies. lol.)? The point of all this rambling about me golfing is not to say that you need to be a black belt in karate or a super elite crossfitter to enjoy golfing.  My point is that it's fun to go try new things!  Get out there and go try something new!  It doesn't have to be anything expensive or elaborate--just go.  Just do.  Just have fun and be willing to laugh at yourself and enjoy the company of the person with you.

Make it a beautiful day, friends.

I'd love to hear something new that you found you liked, loved, or hated.  Please comment below.



No comments:

Post a Comment