Wednesday, March 11, 2015

How Do You Love?

My husband is a very patient man...and by very, I mean extremely.  This girl doesn't sit still for very long before I go do something.  That something may be write a blog post, study for my karate test, work on my book I'm writing, read through techniques for my karate test, read a book, work on stuff for my business, paint, practice visualizing for my karate test, oh, and do regular house stuff in there, as well as check on kids' school grades, etc.  It's not that he doesn't do stuff, too, but he is more of a homebody and likes doing things around the house (yay for super handy man husband!!).  I just happen to do all that stuff on top of working full time outside the home.  It's a lot.  I know.  I like to do a lot of things, not just to be busy, but because I just like to do them.  (I talked more about that here.)

Fortunately for me, my husband's love language is acts of service.  He likes to do things for people. That might look like dropping everything to go help a friend work on a car that broke down, or fixing a roof, or winterizing a swamp cooler, or whatever.  He'll just do it because that's how he shows you he loves you.  So yesterday, when he stayed home with my baby girl who was sick, he cleaned the whole house.  Yes, ladies, the whole house.  While it is tempting to think, "Wow.  He cleaned the house because it was in terrible disarray because you have been neglecting it, Jennille.  What kind of a wife are you?!?!" I can also just slow down, allow myself to be grateful and just say, "Thank you!" to him, and in front of my kids.  They need to see that and know what a great guy my hubby is.  It's not that he was doing their chores for them.  He was being incredibly helpful and supportive.  I tell my kids all the time that we are a family.  We are a team.  Daddy was just living it out.

 There once was a boy


I am so incredibly blessed to have the husband that I do.  His sweet momma raised him right!

If you are not familiar with The Five Love Languages, you can check it out here.  I don't get paid anything for endorsing them.  It has just been a very useful resource for us throughout our marriage.  In this crazy day and age where marriages are falling apart all over the place, every good tool that one can use is helpful, in my opinion.

How does your spouse show they love you?  Is it the same way you show love to them?  Comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment