Monday, March 16, 2015

Little Fingers

Today was a beautiful day.  The weather was nice, the sun was shining, and my family was hanging out together.  We hung out together at church; the kids didn't even pester each other during service today.  We hung out after church when Grandma and Grandpa came over for a late lunch.  We played baseball in the front yard, and I managed to not break any windows when I might have accidentally hit one toward the house.  As I sit here and write this, I'm getting a pedicure from my almost 10-year-old, who I'm sure will someday own a salon or two of her own.  


 UL litte fingers


It's been a while since my babies have been little enough for this expression pictured here, but it honestly does seem like yesterday.  Speaking of yesterday, my 12-year-old son needed new shoes.  I looked down at his feet last week and thought his feet looked a bit smooshed in his shoes.  I felt them and sure enough his feet were completely smashed into his shoes.  He never complained once about it.  His shoes aren't that old.  If you're a parent, you know what I'm talking about.  So we went to get my little man shoes, and sure enough, they were a size and 1/2 bigger than he was wearing.  Good grief.  

I know you hear it so often when your children are born.  
"Your children will grow up so fast!"
"Enjoy this time.  It will be gone before you know it." As a young parent, you can't possible think past the first few months (or years!) that your children don't sleep through an entire night.  As adults we don't see the physical changes in ourselves like we see in children.  It really does happen fast.

What is a favorite memory you have of when your child(ren) had a growth spurt?  comment below.

If you enjoyed this post today, please share with a friend.  Maybe you're going through a similar time in your life and can relate to my particular brand of crazy.  Pass it on.  We're all in this together.  Be sure to subscribe to here the latest in my adventures, and you just might learn a little something, or at least feel not so alone.  Have a beautiful day, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment