Monday, January 9, 2017

Easier the Second Time

It's January.  Almost everyone has new year resolutions to get healthier.  Sometimes that includes weight loss.  Sometimes it just means to cut out soda.  At our house it means doing a #whole30. 

A Whole 30 is not for everyone.  It's a reset on your body in relation to food.  It's not so much a cleanse as it is a re-establishing of healthy tastes, cravings, and mindset when it comes to the substance we put in our faces everyday (that should be nourishing, not harming).  Here's the rules in a nutshell: no dairy, no grains, no alcohol, no sugar (in any form), no legumes.  At first glance, you might think that doesn't leave much to eat, when in reality it leaves an abundance of food in their natural form.  It forces us to try new foods and flavors.  It's more a food adventure than a self imposed torture session...and at the end, I know I will feel AMAZING.  I know this, because I've done it before.

 color: UL mustard seed
Get this lovely reminder for your kitchen here


It's been a couple years ago, but I still feel some of the positive effects of having done a Whole 30 before.  As with any discipline habit we are just beginning, it is helpful to look to past victories to know that I can reach the win this time.  We're a week into this food reset, and I feel really good already.  Knowing how super amazing I'll feel at the end motivates me to keep going and making one good food choice after another.  It's easier the second time around because I know the victory will be real, so it's worth it.

Is your current struggle worth the end result?  Have you pictured in detail how that end result will feel?  If it doesn't feel worth it right now, then make your goal more detailed and maybe bigger.

Make it a beautiful day, friends.

You can find me on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.  And at www.JensWallsTalk.com.  See you there!

P.S. If you want more info on the Whole 30 program, you can get the original book here. If you want more recipes to go with your current or upcoming Whole 30, click here.

P.P.S. A couple of support things I've been doing this time around are my emeals account (they have a paleo option that is very simple to tweak any questionable ingredients to Whole30 approved ingredients).  And I've been using this supplement system for the past 3 weeks...and have NOT had any coffee (except 1 cup and that was a mistake) to drink.  I'm not even kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment