Friday, January 13, 2017

Almost Ruined by a Noodle

"What are you doing? You can't eat that!" yelled my son incredulously as I stuck a spaghetti noodle in my mouth to check doneness. There wasn't anything wrong with the noodle.  I don't have any allergies to foods that I know of, but I am doing a #Whole30 for the remainder of this month...so no grain. 

I don't usually cook two meals at one sitting.  As in, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit when it comes to dinner around here.  But during a Whole30 might be the one exception. Tonight we had spaghetti squash with meat sauce. I made a package of noodles for the kids simply for time sake and to be an understanding mom. (It happens on occasion!) 

I simply put the silly noodle in my mouth to see if it was done.  While it wouldn't have been the end of the world, it would have technically ruined my Whole30.  I didn't even want to eat the noodle. The irony is that an hour earlier, I was at a meeting...with a tummy actively engaging in hungry rumbling and a pan full of delicious smelling, ooey gooey, chocolate, peanut butter and marshmallow goodness that I politely declined and walked away from. I didn't need it.  And THAT, friends, is the beauty of the Whole30.

 color: UL herb garden


The mindless eating is so often what throws us off kilter. We stuff food in our mouths because we're in a hurry, bored, craving _______ when we really need the opposite of that.  My encouragement for you is to simply pay attention to what you put in your mouth. If you want the brownie, eat it, enjoy it. But if you really don't need it, leave it.

What other mindless activities are sabotaging your efforts?

Make it a beautiful day, friends.

When your done spitting out your noodle, hit the subscribe button so you can have each blog post delivered to your inbox. 

No comments:

Post a Comment