Saturday, January 28, 2017

Do the Right Thing?

Martin Luther King, Jr. is credited with saying,
"The time is always right to do what is right."
...as Mr. King knew, it's not always easy, though.  Just like every other action we have, there are consequences when we face a moral dilemma type of situation.  I had one of those this week.  I can't share what happened, but I knew if I took action, it would directly affect someone else's life, and maybe not in a way they would enjoy or appreciate.

The problem with the world we live in is that it's broken.  The father of lies is a master of deception. I struggled with doing the right thing because I heard a voice in my head telling me that I would be causing some very unfortunate consequences for someone else because of me taking the initiative to call this person out on their actions.  Did you get that?  I was feeling guilty for calling someone out on a illegal action because I knew they would get in trouble.  I was feeling guilty for the other person's actions.  And then I realized that I didn't make them do what they did.  That was all on them. It was their choice.  Not mine.  But it did cause me to have to make a choice of my own: whether or not to tell the truth.

 color: UL valencia orange


I was at peace with the choice I made...but I kept hearing those little lies nagging me in the back of my mind.  Then I read my devotions the next morning and this was the verse,
"The LORD detests lying lips, but He delights in men who are truthful." Proverbs 12:22
God is good.  This devotional is on a schedule and He planned it for that day after my situation occurred.  This verse affirmed to me again that I had done the right thing...because the time is always right to do the right thing. 

I am not infallible, friends.  I am not perfect.  I mess up plenty.  Believe me.  This time I made the right choice.

Make it a beautiful day, friends.

Next week you might see my blog in a different location.  (Remember that change I was talking about?)  I'll keep you posted.  

No comments:

Post a Comment