Monday, January 16, 2017

Color Makes it Better

I've mentioned before that we got a screaming deal on a fixer upper 4 years ago.  With the skills of my uber-handy hubby, we have made great strides since we've lived here.  The kitchen was remodeled and the basement finished before we even moved in, but in the fashion of a true fixer upper, we are still working on many projects.  We live in it and have to work around that tiny little fact.  We are also paying cash for any renovations we've done, so many things are still in progress...my master bedroom included.

If you have ever visited my website, then you know that I do color consulting and specialty painting on the side of my day job.  I love it.  It's one of my creative outlets, but you know how the cobbler's kids go barefoot?  Combined with mommy-puts-herself-last syndrome...well, that may be why I have no color on my bedroom walls, in addition, the paying cash for each remodel project slows down this project because this room needs entirely new drywall.  You get it.  It's a process (and also confirmation that we will never buy another fixer upper that we have to live in while we fix it up!).

 colors: UL navy & winter gray
Get this little art gallery for your little artist here.


I need a band-aid for the issue.  My room feels blah and incomplete.  It doesn't feel like the sanctuary or retreat, like I would like it to.  It was actually hubby's idea, but we're going to paint that room because it's not the next project on the list, and we need it to feel better.  No, I don't think the room has feelings.  Let me rephrase that: we need to feel better when we are in our room, and mismatched colors (it was two rooms made into one) don't give that vibe very well.  Color changes the way our environment feels.  I believe that, and that why I do what I do.  A little color change can make everything feel better, but don't do it wrong because that can open a whole other can of worms...

Sometimes the answer to a solution is very simple.  What are you trying to over complicate today?

Make it a beautiful day, friends.

You can see my color choices if you pop over to Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.  Jen's Walls Talk.  Do yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment