Monday, February 29, 2016

What's In A Name

Names are important.  That's how people know who we are.  Otherwise, to denote who I am, someone might say something like, 
"Do you know that one lady that has two kids that's married to the carpenter guy?  She does karate and color consulting."
It would be weird and strangely time consuming.  Instead, one would say, 
"Do you know Jennille Spellman?"
Way easier and way less strange.  The same thing goes for websites and blogs.  Names are important. They need to be easily remembered and get your attention enough to want to visit.  That brings me to my point.  Why is my business and blog named "Jen's Walls Talk?' 

Well, Jen is obviously me.  Jen is short for Jennille.  Since my name is difficult to say correctly, let alone spell correctly...well, it got shortened.  But the Walls Talk...

What do you think of when you hear someone say this phrase: if these walls could talk...  I always reply in my mind
"What a story they'd tell..."
Isn't that what you want for your home or business?  When someone enters your home, you may not think specifically that you want your walls to tell them everything that has happened in your house, but you do want them to feel welcomed and warm and invited.  Color does that.   There is a whole big thing called color psychology.  The colors around us affect our moods.  They can make us feel closed in, or creative.  They can make us feel warm and trusting, or cold and sterile.  



So my name is not just for the lettering that you can put on your wall.  That's part of it, but it's part of a whole, great big thing.  This blog is part of it.  It's the part where I tell what I learn living life in the walls around me.  Jen's walls talk.  Do yours?  If not, how can I help you make your walls talk?

You can follow me on Instagram, Twitter, & Facebook: @JensWallsTalk.  Now you know the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment