Friday, February 26, 2016

Planning is Good, But it Doesn't Matter

well, it doesn't matter unless you do. It's such a simple concept, but it means everything when you are endeavoring to live your life on purpose and with purpose. You can plan yourself to death.  Literally, you can keep planning, and planning...and planning, but if you don't take a single step to go and live in your purpose...you still haven't moved.

God created me to be creative.  I've known that since I was a small child. I was 10-years-old when I started taking painting lessons. My parents saw in me something I didn't realize was there.  As a child, I didn't know it was "a thing" to be creative.  I just knew I liked to paint and color.  Fast forward, 8 years.  It's college time and, while I knew I liked art class in high school, I didn't really think being an art teacher was my chosen career path, and the idea of a starving artist was definitely unappealing.  Bring on the English major (which is a form of creativity!).  All this is to say that I was doing something, but it took me another 15 years before I really started learning to live in who I was created to be. Fifteen years!

Within that 15 years, I got married, had two kids, a few jobs and some time as a stay at home mom.  All of those are truly beautiful and wonderful things, and I absolutely, without any doubt do not regret a single minute of having or being with my family.  So why all this talk about doing? Because God created us to do. He created us to bring Him glory. That's why we are here.

 UL bright white & sunshine yellow
Go here to get a stop wishing expression for your own wall.


Hear me when I say that just because you are not working in a business or a job that has to do with your purpose you are not living in your purpose.  That is simply not true. What I am saying is that, I wasn't acknowledging who God created me to be and the gifting that He gave me toward that end. You can do anything and be doing, working in your purpose.
For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and self-discipline. 
Fear is from the enemy.  Satan doesn't want us to do anything. What are you supposed to do?  Now go do it.

If this post has been helpful or challenging to you, please feel free to share it on your social media platform of choice. You can find me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook @JensWallsTalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment