Monday, September 28, 2015

Can Women Lead...Really?

My husband is the head of our home.  In a nutshell, in our house we translate that to mean that he is ultimately responsible for our spiritual well being, as well as for our overall well being.  (No pressure!) It doesn't mean that we are not responsible for ourselves, or that I don't have an opinion, as his wife.  It just means that ultimately the buck stops with him.  If we have a disagreement on something and cannot come to a compromise, the final decision is his.  That being said, I wasn't sure what that looked like outside of church and outside of our family--namely in business.  Is it OK for me to lead?  Turns out, the short answer is, yes!

It can be tricky when I am working with my husband, or rather my husband is working for me on projects.  At the end of the day, he is my husband whether it's my job and business or not.  Outside of my hubby working for me, there does not appear to be an issue (Biblically speaking because that is my point of reference) with women leading in business, work place, or in politics.  So here I go!  

My businesses are continuing to grow.  My family is blessed.  I am growing both personally and professionally.  I was going to add a different kind of picture to my blog today.  It's not an example of my vinyl products like I normally do, but an example of my painting.  This is one of my current projects and I'm excited to show it off a bit.  This is in a student center at a church, so bear in mind it's a bit bright, and funky and edgy.  However, I just realized that the picture I have doesn't show the completed wall, so you'll have to wait.  Sorry!

 UL sugared plum


What are you working on that you're proud of?  How are you growing and punching fear in the face?  I'd love to hear about it below.


No comments:

Post a Comment