Friday, September 18, 2015

Eat Some Humble Pie!

I was having a rough time last night and this morning.  I was feeling sorry for myself because I didn't have my house as de-cluttered and organized as I'd like to have it.  Part of the problem is that I collect information, and as a collector of information, I'm afraid of throwing something away that I might need later.  Don't get me wrong.  I am not a hoarder, but left unchecked and without some sort of discipline...I could probably end up that way.  The good news is that I am also a restorative person, a fixer.  That means I try to find better ways to store all my cr...I mean, stuff.

Fast forward to last night when my non-collector husband came home to my not-yet-cleaned-up home after a bad day.  To make a long story short, we got it all worked out, but I was still feeling sorry for myself.  After I had asked for prayers from some of my close girls, one of them drove to my work and asked for my keys to my house so she could go clean for me.  Isn't that just the most amazing thing??  She was really and truly going to clean my house for me just because she loves me.  I wouldn't let her, because I have to pick up my house before I can have anyone come clean.  It got me to thinking, though.  Why don't we want people to help us with things like house cleaning and such?

 UL stone cottage & hot cocoa


There might be some legitimate reasons, but I couldn't really come up with any outside of pride.  It's our dirt and life that we live in.  This beautiful friend wants to help me.  I should take her up on it.  At this point in the debt payoff game, I cannot afford to pay her, but I can trade services for something else.  I can paint for her, or something else that I am good at or enjoy that maybe she doesn't.  It's all part of living in community with other people.  It's about being real and letting ourselves be loved. It's how God intended us to live.

What do you think?  Was I being prideful to deny her the opportunity to love on me?  Would you have done the same?  I'd love to hear what you think.  Please comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment