Friday, October 2, 2015

Blood Moon Dreams

The super duper, red glowing, rarely seen blood moon was last Sunday.  There was all sorts of media hype, and since it won't come around again for quite a while, I decided I'd better go take a gander.  My kids thought it would be cool, too, especially my daughter, so outside we went.  

We could see it fairly well from my driveway, but the better view was from my upstairs bedroom window.  Snuggled on my lap, my sweet girl sat in the dark room watching the moon turn colors.  She watched and we sat quietly, in awe of God's creativity.  We weren't really saying much, and then my girl turned to me and surprised me with her words.

"Mom, I want to be the first woman to fly to Mars."
What do you say to that??

"Okay, Baby.  Go for it."
 UL navy blue and sunshine yellow


I'm sure she'll be singing all the way there.  Right now, that seems like such a wild and sci-fi movie kind of dream, but so was going to the moon.  In fact, plans weren't even started when JFK made the promise that we'd go to the moon by the end of the decade.  This is the girl that wants to be a beautician, an ice skater, a teacher, a principal, a musician, a fashion designer, a dentist, a mommy, and a model. I'm pretty sure she'll find a way to fly to Mars in the middle of all that.  You go girl.  Who am I to squash her dream?  No one.  I have my own big dreams.  I'm not going to squash hers.

What dreams did you have when you were young?  Did someone squash them or are you pursuing them now?  I might be a bit late at getting started, but I'm getting there.

Did you know you can have every post sent right to your inbox?  Enter your email address in the box to the right.  I promise I will never sell or rent your information.

No comments:

Post a Comment