Monday, October 5, 2015

Be Humble...Not Awkward

I recently volunteered on a creative arts committee at my church.  As a group, we came up with several artistic projects to make our church feel more home-y and warm.  I'll be honest.  This awesome group of ladies worked well together and we came up with some a-m-a-z-i-n-g stuff!  (I love Pinterest in conjunction with creative minds!!)  

It was totally a group effort.  There wasn't a lone star person.  It was truly a God thing.  Here's the awkward part.  Last week during the service our sweet pastor asked us to stand up and just said thank you for the work we put in, and that it was really lovely.  I'm not sure why, but I suddenly became really embarrassed.  I could feel my cheeks burning and I sat in my chair.  It was so strange, and if it were one of my friends sitting next to me being recognized I would have made them stand up.  I honestly don't know why I just sat there.  I'm truly proud of the work we did.  Here are some pics below to show how cool some of this stuff turned out!

 efree church

 Efree church

 Efree church


In the back of my mind, I knew at some point that there would be mention of our work.  Why on earth was I so embarrassed?  Who knows?  Have you ever been recognized for something good you did and instead of accepting it graciously, acted awkwardly?  Have you learned a better response?  I'd LOVE to hear about it below.  Please share in the comment section.


No comments:

Post a Comment