Friday, October 30, 2015

Take My Breath Away

Have you ever heard a piece of music or seen a piece of art that took your breath away?  How about one that moved you to tears because of its beauty?  It sounds so sappy and cheesy, and I didn't really think that people were being real when they described experiences like that...but come to find out, it's real.  It happened to me.

Last Friday, I talked about my trip to Seattle with my hubby.  We had a great time just being a couple and seeing the sights.  We held hands and walked and saw and visited.  One of the sights we went to was Chihuly Garden and Glass.  AMAZING.  Simply amazing.  Really beautiful.  I loved it!  (Can you tell?)

The exhibit features the work of Dale Chihuly, a glass blower.  But it's not your typical glass blower art.  It almost feels alive and glowing...pulsing almost.  Now I'm sure that not everyone will have the same reaction that I did, but I could have spent days in there just looking at all the different pieces. Other people might just say, "Wow.  That's neat.  That's pretty.  Next." I don't know why, but the colors just spoke to me.  Perhaps it is part of my journey.  This journey where I remember what I'm good at.  This journey where I am in awe of God's creativity and the creativity that he has given to us, His creations.  What an amazing gift!  He told us that we are created in His image--and He is the ultimate creator...that means we are creative, too!  Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

 Chihuly Garden and Glass


What inspires you?  Who inspires you?  When you feel that inspiration, what do you do with it?  Do you ignore it...or do you let it flow?  You were created to create.  Your creativity may not be glass blowing, but it could be a whole lot of different things: painting, writing, graphic design, mechanical, photography, and the list can go on forever.  Own your creativity.  Use it.  Grow it.  Comment below about what your creativity is.

Follow me on Instagram (@JensWallsTalk) to see current projects I'm working on.  You can also have new blog posts delivered to your inbox, simply by entering your email in the box above.  This technology stuff is pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment