Monday, August 17, 2015

Too Many Chiefs

Have you ever worked on a project that had too many chiefs and not enough Indians?  If you've ever done anything with any group of people, I'm sure you have.  I know I have.  I'm quite certain I've been one of "those" people, too. Yuck.(If you don't know what I mean by too many chiefs, I am referring to an oft occurring situation where strong personalities collide to try and force their will over everyone else.) It shows a certain level of maturity to be able to work together when you have strong personalities and bold ideas.  I have been blessed by one of those situations recently...one of the good kind.

I have been really fortunate to work with a beautiful group of creative women on a project at my church.  We've had a few planning sessions where we brainstorm ideas and then refine.  It's been a lot of fun!  I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoy it.  Of course, we are idea women.  We have lot of ideas (and Pinterest!), and some working, technical knowledge, but the technical side is not our strong suit.  Enter handy husbands!

Yesterday, we had a work day to actually assemble some of our ideas...it was amazing!  Granted, the boys were a little thrown off when we showed them pictures and said, "Go make it, pretty please." They came together in such an amazing way, that it could only have been anointed by God.  We made (and by we, I mean 90% the boys) 3 rather large size projects in a matter of hours.  It was so cool...and we had fun.  I can't wait to see how it all turns out in the end.

 UL navy and bright white


I know it was definitely a God thing that it all worked out so well, but there was another component that I don't want to overlook.  Everyone of the team members were positive.  As in, they all said,

"How can we make this happen?"  Not one of them said, "It won't work."
In that kind of environment, of course, we accomplished it all.  Get 'er done.

I'd love to hear about your Get 'er done situation?  What do you feel was the glue that made it work?  Please comment below.  Don't be shy.

No comments:

Post a Comment