Monday, May 2, 2016

Honing Your Craft

It took me 6 1/2 years to earn my black belt.  I had a lot to learn to get to the point where I felt I had earned it...that I knew what I knew--and that I deserved the title.  Likewise, it's taken me a while to really start to build my readership, too. I'm okay with that.  

I checked my stats yesterday to see what my top 10 posts of all time are...and by all time, I mean since January 1, 2015, because that's when I started this blog.  It was really interesting to me that 9 out of 10 of them were written since January 1, 2016.  (The one exception to that was written in December of 2015.) So here I am over a year later, and really just starting to grow my audience.  I could argue that people didn't know I was out there to read.  I could say that I wasn't promoting myself well...or any other number of excuses.  However, I think I was just not really worth reading.  I wasn't writing terribly.  There are some good posts hidden back towards the beginning of this blog. But until I was able to dig a little deeper, be a bit more honest with myself and you, my readership, I wasn't truly putting something out there that others could benefit from.

 UL crimson red
"Never Quit" expression available here.


I am growing.  My skills are being honed.  I'm becoming a more concise storyteller.  I'm refining my voice.  Even if something is a natural skill, it still needs practice and training and feedback to get better.  Thank you for riding along with me while I hone, improve, and define.

Just for the record, it only happened because I kept going...

What do you need to keep doing?

Make it a beautiful day, friends.

I appreciate you subscribing to my blog.  It's free.  You can also visit me on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook (@JensWallsTalk).  See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment