Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Patterns of Success

I'd the rope climb this morning at the gym.  That's nice, you're thinking. But I'm so excited! I've never done the rope climb before. Ever. In my entire life.  It's not that I didn't have opportunity, it's just that I couldn't do it...until now.

I was a healthy kid. I played a lot.  Big wheels, tag, bike riding, and games of hide and seek with the neighborhood kids were the norm growing up.  I played soccer and basketball on teams.  We didn't eat a lot of junk food. I was healthy and strong, but I never could quite conquer the rope climb in p.e. class.  Darn the rope climb!

I'm a grown up now.  I'm 38-years-old, to be more specific--it's not like I'm 22--and I just decided to conquer this now.  I'm starting to see a pattern here.  It's a success pattern.  I'm at a point in my life that I want to see some things happen, so I'm making them happen.  I've taken my black belt test (and am I hoping that I passed).  I've finally conquered the rope climb.  I'm growing my business and starting to do well at it.  I've decided to make reading my Bible more of a daily priority.  I got a coach that I love and relate to and whose wisdom and experience give me guidance and encouragement.  I'm not perfect by any means, but I am creating positive patterns for myself.  I'm creating successful patterns.

When I finished my black belt test, I had a sense of confidence because of what I had accomplished--passed or not, it was hard and with God's help and the preparation He had allowed me to do, I had done it!  The following Monday when I went to go do my crossfit workout, the sense of accomplishment continued. 

"I just did my black belt test.  I can do this really tough workout--it's not that bad.  I really can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
 I was covered in prayer and abiding in Him.  I'm definitely not saying that I will automatically be successful just because I asked God for it.  That's not how it works, but I do believe that if I use the tools He has given me, some of which are power, love, and self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7), love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness (Galatians 5:22), I will reap the consequences of those positive actions.

 UL chocolate brown


It's an exciting journey I am on.  I'm excited for you to go on it with me as I build on my successes (and failures!).  Jesus told me this in John 10:10,

"The thief comes to steal and kill and destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
Have it to the full...not just have good things, but have it to the full, abundance is another translation. I am choosing to build on each of those experiences and honor God in each stage.

What patterns are you creating in your life?  Positive, successful patterns, or are you getting stuck in the negative, defeating patterns?  Please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment