Monday, April 6, 2015

Why Blog?

People blog for all different reasons.  Some blog to share recipes or cleaning tips.  Some blog to share fun family stories with extended family.  Some blog to give their opinion about __________.  That's the beauty of the internet.  People can say whatever it is they want to say. That's also the terrible, dark side of the internet...People can say whatever it is they want to say.

So why am I here on blogger?  I'm here because I want to be.  If you've been following my blog for any length of time, you know that I study karate.  As part of my preparation for my black belt test (which is less than two weeks away....again), I had to write a 50 page (minimum) paper. It took me about 11 months to complete it, but it ended up at 55 pages in length.  The funny part is that when I started, I had absolutely no idea what I would write about--especially for 50 pages.  By the end of the paper, I could have kept writing for another 20 pages.  I had forgotten I like to write.  In his book, Quitter, Jon Acuff talks about finding your hustle, your dream, that thing you are meant to do.  It is often a RE-discovering of something we already knew and love or loved. Writing is one of those things for me.  I am under no illusions that I am an award winning, poetic, inspirational writer.  However, I can string the words together with a certain amount of clarity and cohesiveness to get my point across.  I enjoy writing, so I write.

 UL custom expression


My other goal in writing this blog is to expand my business platform.  My business is Jen's Walls Talk.  That encompasses my Color Consulting, as well as, Inspiration Consulting using my vinyl expressions from my Uppercase Living business, and some faux painting thrown in there, too for an extra measure of fun.  I want you to know a bit about this person coming into your home.  I want you to see the potential in my vinyl expressions and maybe see if they speak to you as they speak to me.  Yes, you always have the opportunity to click on the pictures to go buy them for your home.  This is a business after all, and I'll not apologize for that.  I don't think that's necessary.  It's still a free country and a free enterprise system, last time I checked.

I just want you to know why I'm here.  I enjoy being here and want you to know a bit about who I am.  Maybe you might just happen to learn something along the way.

Enjoy!  Do you blog, too? I'd love to hear your blog "why" and feel free to share your address.  Comment below.



No comments:

Post a Comment