Friday, April 10, 2015

8 Fantastic Books for Personal & Career Growth

I love reading.  I honestly can't get enough time to read.  I always have at least a couple books I'm reading and often recommend them to others.  Today I want to share some of my favorites and why I liked them.  Here goes...

The Traveler's Gift by Andy Andrews. Fantastic and solid life lessons packaged in an easy to read and reread story.  My kids liked this, too.  It was fun to meet people from history.  I'm not saying anymore.  I don't want to spoil it for you.

Start by Jon Acuff.  How to punch fear in the face.  What's not to love about that? Jon's writing style is fun and straight forward.

Quitter by Jon Acuff.  Making the leap from day job to dream job.  Hello?  We all want that, right?  Quitter includes practical, solid tips and real life experiences.

Business Secrets from the Bible by Rabbi Daniel Lapin. Amazing book.  Fascinating examples of business and personal keys to everyday human transactions.  Whether you believe in  God or not, there is a ton to learn in this book.  (I must confess that I definitely recommend believing in God...that while eternity thing, and all.)

The Go-Getter by Peter Bernard Kyne.  A classic.  It's the story that tells you how to be one.  Simple, but simple doesn't mean easy.  Be a blue vaser.

How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.  Every one needs to read this one.  People skills 101.  It's a simple concept, but so many people do not do it well.  It takes a lot of practice...myself included!

Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell.  Fascinating!  This book is not about any one thing.  In fact, Gladwell covers a huge range of topics from hush puppy shoes to smoking in teens, but he artfully ties it all together to make a fascinating read that can be applied to several areas of life.

The Bible by human hands inspired by the Holy Spirit.  Beautiful Instructions Before Leaving Earth.  God's word to us. Shows us His character and love, as well as providing encouragement, teaching, and direction.

 UL stone cottage


These are just a few of my favorite books.  I didn't even go into fiction favorites.  We'll save that for another time.  Here's my disclaimer: I am being paid as an affiliate a very small percentage from these links. But more than anything, I just wanted to share some of my book happiness.  I would LOVE to hear some of your favorite books.  Please comment below and be sure to say why you like them.


No comments:

Post a Comment