Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Inspiration Overload

I love inspiration.  It's what I do.  It's what my business is and what I am growing it to be in a bigger way each day.  And yet...I found myself recently shying away and merely skimming over some great tweets, pins, and memes because it just seemed, well, less than inspirational.

Scroll, view, scroll, smile, nod, scroll, scroll, scroll some more.  We just look.  It's harder and harder to catch our attention, to actually grab us enough to stop and take a look.  We're desensitized to everything, it seems.  Cute & furry kittens, headlines of real and gruesome atrocities barely get a glance let alone a second glance.  At the same time, the "experts" are telling us we need to have a platform, be on Twitter, Facebook, have a blog and grow our actual business all at the same time.

Don't misunderstand me.  I enjoy seeing my friends and their families on Facebook.  In some of my busier seasons, I can jump on there for 10 minutes and catch up with a whole lot of people, at least on the surface.  While I'm relatively new to Twitter, I have created a Twitter experience that is relatively positive.  I follow people that seem to have similar interests and beliefs to my own.  I don't do the haters.  (It's not that I'm denying there is bad in the world.  I'm just choosing to focus on the positive.) What are people really searching for on social media?  They want motivation.  They want inspiration.  They want someone else to tell them that magic phrase that makes everything suddenly be come easy, and the ideas and money flow like the spring run off.  It doesn't work that way now does it?

I don't think I've ever read a story about someone that read a single pin on Pinterest and then went out and made their breakthrough and became a millionaire in two weeks.  We're searching for the magic pill that doesn't exist.  It's not bad to gain information.  I've told you before that I am a total input junkie.  I love new ideas and collecting information.  INPUT!!  Sometimes we need to go deeper, though.  Let's look at the underlying issues.  Let's look at the hole in our soul that can only be filled by a relationship with Christ.  Once that hole is filled, then let's look to HIM for our inspiration.  He can provide us with a desire to grow and learn more, but we need to know Him first.  If we ask Him, he will fill us.  In the book of James, it says this:

"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously without finding fault, and it will be given to you." So ask.  It's that simple.  Ask God.  The Creator of the Universe wants you to ask him for wisdom.  Then be filled and go forward.  Go live inspired--from within.


 UL whipped cream, chocolate brown


What do you think about all this ask God for wisdom and He'll give you wisdom and inspiration?  I'd love to hear your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment