Monday, September 12, 2016

What Happens After

We all remember what we were doing on that Tuesday morning of September 11th, 2001, if we were alive and old enough to remember.  I was at work when one of my co-workers first told me the news. We didn't have good reception, but we watched our little TV to find out what was happening.  My pastor had preached that previous Sunday about the end times talked about in Revelations.  I remember telling a co-worker,
"I knew the end of the world would come, but I didn't think it would be this week."
Turns out it wasn't the end of the world, but it was the end of the world as we knew it. When events of this proportion occur, we often lose hope for a time and experience discouragement and other emotions ranging from despair to anger and everything in between.  I love the motto that came out at that time: America is open for business.  We heard it.  We owned it.  We weren't going to be intimidated.  And eventually we began to have hope for our future again.

 colors: UL crimson red & navy blue


My family is a reminder to me that life does go on.  My son was born in the fall of 2002.  It was a little bit over a year after the 9/11 attacks.  Life went on.  It's not that we forget.  We must never forget...to be aware of future attacks, and to be aware of our need to love our neighbor.  We must never forget that today may be our last day.  It may not be a terrorist attack.  It could be a traffic accident, a stroke, a...anything.  

Take this day as a reminder not to hate, but to love.

Make it a beautiful day, friends.

I always appreciate your shares and subscribes.  You can also  follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to catch glimpses of wall talking fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment