Monday, September 19, 2016

This is Going to Hurt

If you've ever started a new exercise program, you know that your body is sore after the first work out.  When you start a crossfit workout program you need to multiply that...by about 10.  Due to the whole body nature of the workouts, it just works out that way.  It's a beautiful thing once you get past the first week when your body starts to adjust, and then you know that each time you go to the gym you are getting a total body workout.  But before that happens, you have to start--and that means sore muscles.

Tomorrow morning is that start for me...again.  I'm actually looking forward to it.  I'm not looking forward to the pain, per se, but I am looking forward to feeling better, in general.  As one of my lovely friends put it, "lighter on my feet and less old feeling." That's it in a nutshell.  There's a difference this time, though.  This is not my first time starting a CrossFit workout plan.  Here's what I know:

*I'm ready.  I already know how great I will feel and how strong I will be.  It's time to get back to that place again.

*It's going to hurt.  I know that.  I'll take an aleve when I get home and drink lots of water.  Then I'll go again.

*I know that I won't be able to start where I left off 3 months ago...and that's ok.  I hadn't peaked yet when I had to break for a bit.  I was just starting to hit my stride.  I'll get back there again, eventually.

 colors: UL electric pink & nautical blue


*My community is waiting.  One of my absolute favorite things about working out at my local box is the community of people.  They are the best! And they're one of the biggest reasons I'm going back.  They are real, and encouraging, and they push me in the best way possible.  They help me to be the best me I can be.

*This will be hard.  I know I'm going to be very frustrated when I can't do the things I could do 3 months ago.  This will be an exercise in tenacity and grace.

What hard thing have you been putting off?  Is it time to begin again?  Next up is a Whole30, but that's not today.  Go do your thing.

Make it a beautiful day, friends.

Pop over to Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to see what kind of wall talking fun I'm up to these days.  While you're here, go ahead and subscribe.  It's simple.  Just enter your email in the box below, then confirm once you receive the email confirmation.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment