Friday, September 30, 2016

That Groove Thing

I'm not in my groove. I moved out of the groove on purpose, as I wrote about a couple weeks ago. I stopped exercising to let my foot heal. It was frustrating and annoying, but now I'm going back...and its really surprising to me how much more it makes me want grow my discipline in other areas, too. 

By getting up early and going to work out, I want to rest better. When I get up early and work out, I want to eat better. It gives me motivation to keep up the momentum...and it makes me realize how much I've lost. Even though my choice to step away from my workout plan was intentional, I had to admit that it was really disruptive to my general self discipline habit.

 UL terra cotta


Now that I'm wrapping up week two of being back in the habit, I'm ramping up my mental habits, too. And it feels good. I missed it.  It just struck me.  It's only about 3 hours each week that I take to workout, but it makes such a difference in all I do. Three hours of self care.  What small amount of time are you not using to care for yourself? Now that you realized it, you can address it.

Make it a beautiful day, friends.

Then jump over to Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to follow me there. Or you can subscribe to this blog in the box below. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment