Monday, January 11, 2016

It's Okay To Buy...

Clothes.  It's truly and honestly ok to buy clothes for oneself.  With the way I avoid it, you'd think I was buying tickets to sign up for the plague.  It's not that I don't like clothes or fashion.  I watched enough episodes of "What Not to Wear" to know there really is no such thing as not making a fashion statement of some sort. 

 UL NEW cherry blossom
Purchase at http://JSpellman.uppercaseliving.net


I don't have a problem buying clothes for my kids, or even my hubby.  There's just something about buying clothes for myself that I have a complete mental block about.  Maybe it's being a mom and putting my kids' needs before mine. Maybe it comes from leaner days when we truly did not have extra to buy them. I don't know. Ladies, my husband tells me to go shopping.  Seriously.

I've gotten better about clothes shopping since we have started putting a clothing category in our budget.  But my little weirdness still pops its little head up, so I decided to take action. I signed up for Stitch Fix.  We'll see how it goes...

What weird, quirks do you get hung up on? What steps can you take to overcome it today?


No comments:

Post a Comment