Monday, April 25, 2016

I Miss Sweating

I've been nursing a foot injury.  It's nothing major, but it is slow healing and very annoying.  As a result, I haven't been CrossFitting as much as I'd like.  In fact, I took about a month off.  It's kind of funny, and when I started CrossFit 5 years ago I never thought I'd say this, but...I've missed it. 

I was feeling sorry for myself a bit and thinking that I have a legit reason to miss my workout sessions at my box (aka. a CrossFit gym).  I was thinking I am letting my foot heal, so I shouldn't do much to push it.  And then I did push it a little while at karate class and my body felt so good.  But that was one night and it didn't get me going back to my early morning workouts.  Then I read this little article from my friend, Ian, over at DoubleUnderWonder.com.  Darn it.  I hate when that guy is right.  (Not really "hate," per se...it just happens more than I'd like.)  I was losing ground.  Then the realization hit me: I wasn't skipping the gym because my foot was hurt; I was skipping because I didn't want to look like a super wimp after all the gains I've made. Hello, ugly ego monster.  You're making me move backwards.  So to the gym I went.

 UL Italian turquoise
"To be great" expression available here.


And I sweated...and I loved it.  Yes, I had to scale my workout.  No box jumps for this girl, yet. That's okay.  I'll get back there in due time.  In the meantime, I will keep moving forward because doing something--even scaled and not as big--is always better than doing nothing.  Suck it up, buttercup.  I'll see you at the box in the morning...or you can stay home so I can keep moving forward while you go backwards.

Make it a beautiful day, friends.


Thank you for subscribing to this blog!  You can also find me on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter (@JensWallsTalk).


No comments:

Post a Comment