Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Be Still

It's time to be quiet.  I'm 11 days away from my black belt test.  Eleven. That's not very many. At all. I've been working on this for 6 years now.  No, I haven't been prepping for my black belt test for that long.  I've been learning karate for that long.  Actually, the truth of the matter is that I have been prepping for this test for 6 years.  Where I am now started then.  I love it.  Obviously I love it or I would not be here still. Now the big test is finally here...almost. 

It's funny.  I thought I would be more anxious.  It's not to say I won't be next week.  But right now I am remarkably calm.  Unusually and miraculously calm. I have been for the last week.   I liken it to giving birth.  When I was in labor with my daughter, I can distinctly remember a short time right before she was born when I retreated into myself. One of my dear friends was with us when my daughter was born at home.  She and I discussed later that I was talking and interacting one minute and the next minute I was gone away, working, pushing, going to that deep place that I needed to go to find the strength to finish the imminent task of having a baby.  As soon as my sweet baby girl was born, I was back.  Instantly, I had returned.  That quiet place is where I need to be right now.

The calm I am experiencing right now can only be attributed to the many beautiful people I know are praying for me.  I'm still practicing.  I'm still studying.  I'm still learning.  Like I said before, I've been working on this for 6 years.  I've got this, though. It is absolutely not through any power or strength of my own.  I can ONLY do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  That includes allowing clarity and peace in my often scattered mind during my black belt test and the time leading up to it.  

It's time to be quiet, to be still and know that He is God.

 be still


I'd love to hear some times when you knew you needed to just be still and listen to God. Comment below.

Here's a link to a quick video that about the journey.



2 comments:

  1. Get it girl! Staying strong and being a role model for your children,that is healthy parenting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melane! I'm not perfect, by any measure, but strive to make good choices in parenting. Thanks for stopping by!:)

      Delete