Monday, January 12, 2015

I Am Strong.

We're all strong...just in different ways.  The Good Lord made us to be different on purpose.   It would be a boring world indeed if we were all the same.  It's truly amazing to think that we are made in the image of our Creator.  He has all the characteristics that each of us individuals have a small piece of.  

Recently, I have had the stellar experience of taking the Gallup Strengths Finder test.  It's not that I don't know anything about myself.  In fact, I would say I'm a pretty "self-smart" kind of person, to borrow a phrase from Kathy Koch.  However, to have an explained version what of what it is that I do is validating and freeing.  

Let me explain.  One of my strengths is that I am a Learner.  I love learning.  A characteristic of being a Learner is that I like to read.  I always felt in the back of my mind that I was searching for something, that something was wrong with me, that somehow I wasn't satisfied with my life.  That's not the case at all.  I just like to learn.  I am not a maven.  I'm not an expert on anything specific, but I like to know a little bit about a lot of things.

I'll share more about what I learned as this journey continues.  In the meantime, what is your biggest strength (from Gallup or otherwise learned)?

No comments:

Post a Comment