Monday, October 24, 2016

The Hair Dilemma

I have hair.  I am married.  It seems to me that almost every woman with hair that I talk to has the same dilemma.  Husband says,
"I like long hair."
Wife says,
"Long hair is fine, but not for the particular hair I have on my head."
My husband is blessed with thick, wavy hair.  I'm not even kidding.  I'm jealous of his beautiful locks.  (The good news is the kids got it!) I do have a ton of hair, but it's fine and straight.  It's not that he doesn't like my hair, but I don't think he understands what stringy hair is.  I am not inclined to, nor do I have time to, run around brushing my hair every 10 minutes so it doesn't look stringy.  Nor do I want to wear a ponytail all the time.  So 20 years into this relationship, we're still having the same discussion...because I want to cut my hair off--again. 

 colors: UL cherry blossom & nautical blue
This cute expression makes a great gift for your beautician!


For those of you that don't know me live and in person, my hair has grown quite a bit since my head shot I have posted.  I've tried.  Really I have, but it is making me crazy to have it longer. I realize there are people out there that would love to have this problem, and it's probably really vain of me to even be blogging about this, but, nevertheless, here I am.  It even caused hubs and I to have a major "discussion" this week. Ugh.  In all his patience with a wife who tends to get really annoyed by these weird little things, but can handle the big stuff, my precious husband even took time to bring me flowers at work.  Purple flowers because he knows that's my favorite color.  NOW how can I cut my hair??

I tell you all this not to whine about my uber-gooberness, but to remind you that it's really just small stuff in the end.  It won't have the ripple effect that the election results will.  It won't cure cancer or feed starving children.  Enjoy the people you love.  Tell them you love them.  Tell them what you like about them.  Be intentional.  Today. I'm blessed with an incredibly patient husband. 

Make it a beautiful day, friends--no matter what your hair looks like.

After you get done thanking your lucky stars you are not married to my particular brand of goofy, pop over to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to see color palettes, projects, and random wall talking fun.  You can always find me at www.JensWallsTalk.com, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment