Monday, October 31, 2016

Glowing Hair

I did it.  I cut my hair.  I didn't shave my head, but I cut quite a bit off...and I dyed it bright red.  It's a little bit sassy--and I love it.  

You might recall my post from last week where I was seriously deliberating about whether or not I was going to cut my hair.  It's been a point of contention for my entire marriage.  Not contention. That's not the right word, but a sore spot anyway.  It's like a little bruise that you forget is there until you push on it, then it's sore.  That's how my hair is.  I know that's a weird analogy, but that's the best way I can describe the conversation that happens from time to time about whether or not I will trim my locks.

Since my hubby is the best hubby ever and he told me that I'm always beautiful to him, I took the plunge and chopped away.  It's been a while since I have had it this short (and I've had it shorter), but I forgot how good it feels.  Not just literally because my hair isn't plastered to my head due to length. I mean it feels good because it's like my hair likes to be shorter.  It's happier.  It's free to have bounce and body and movement.  I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I like how I feel when my hair is happy.  I feel more confident.  I feel a little bit bolder (which is probably a little scary if you know me).  

 colors: UL crimson red & chocolate brown
This expression is perfect for your favorite beauty salon!


I'm going to go one step further with this crazy hair analogy.  What if we're all like my hair?  No, we don't have to be short and bright red.  What I mean is that maybe we'll all function better if we're being how we're made to be.  As in, I'm a creative, artistic kind of person.  I like me when I'm being those things.  I like doing those things.  I should do them more often because I'm a better version of me when I'm doing what I'm created to do.  Hear me when I say this is not permission to avoid hard things in life and only do the things we're good at.  That's not it at all.  I'm just saying be who you were made to be.  Grow that person.

Make it a beautiful day, friends.

P.S. This is also not permission to go cut all your hair off because some blog lady inspired you to do so.  I don't want to get angry letters from husbands!:)

When you're done evaluating your next hairdo, swing on over to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to see what kind of wall talking fun I'm up to these days.  I can also be found at www.JensWallsTalk.com . You can also subscribe to this blog in that little box below.  

No comments:

Post a Comment