Friday, July 15, 2016

Zing Dreams

Do you dream about the future?  I mean really dream.

I was feeling a little overwhelmed by my current circumstances--even though I know they are temporary and there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel.  I know there is some relief coming in a very short time, but I was still getting bogged down on the journey to get there.  Then I got a zing!

The zing gives me renewed energy to work toward a goal.  The zing gives me a momentary excitement to keep carrying on...so how did I get this zing?  By really dreaming about the future. When I say dream about the future, I'm not talking about dreams when I sleep.  I'm not talking about having a goal that I occasionally talk about with my hubby or kids.  I'm talking about detailed, specific, multi-faceted dreams.  Let's look at an example.

Eyes closed.  Deep breaths...  I'm sitting across the couch from hubby.  It's December 26th.  The holidays are done.  We paid cash for all our gifts.  There's still a bag of left over gift wrap trash in the corner and we're sipping our coffee from our favorite mugs. No regret because a credit card bill isn't coming to haunt us later.  We open our bank statement.  We have 3 months expenses in our savings account, and all our debt is paid off.  I'm jumping up and down in my seat on the couch.  I'm giddy!  My client base has grown and my side gig now pays as much as my full time gig.  Hubby's business is also consistent--more than we could ever have dreamed or planned for!  We're at peace as we sip our coffee in our pajamas.  Now I can schedule to have more time with the kids.  The kids are all smiles as we tell them it's time for Mommy to do her thing now.  It's a blessing.  It's not a curse to cut back on my work hours.  I've done the work and now I can reap the benefit and feel the satisfaction of having done it.  It's no longer a far off dream and hope.
To sit there and feel that dream as if it's real gave me the zing.  It gives me a zing as I read it again. Because I looked at so many details and pictured it almost as if it were a memory instead of something in the future, I am almost tricking my brain to do the work.  Now I can go do the actual work to make it happen in real life.  It's not that far away and I'm well on my way.  It's time.

 color: UL spring hyacinth
Go here to get your "Dwell"


What zing dream can you create today?  Take 5 minutes and do it.  Details.  Details. That's the key. Feel the real.

Now go make it a beautiful day, friends.

Thank you for subscribing!  If you haven't grabbed your subscription, just scroll to the bottom of this post and enter your email in the "Follow by Email" box.  You can also jump over to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to see what kind of wall talking fun I'm working on currently.  I'm @JensWallsTalk.  See you there.




No comments:

Post a Comment