Monday, July 4, 2016

Hope in the Election

Politics is not my thing.  I'm thoroughly annoyed by it the majority of the time, while being simultaneously thankful that I live in the country that I do and am able to enjoy the freedoms I have. I've heard that in some other countries they have a 6 or 8 week campaigning season and then the vote is cast and ballots are counted.  That would be lovely!  This drawn out system we have in the USA currently is ridiculous and wasteful.  I digress, though.  I said I'd offer you  hope for this election.  

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established.  The authorities that exist have been established by God. (Romans 13:1)

God knows what He is doing.  He is in control over every detail, whether Satan wants to admit it or not.  I'm not saying we don't have free will.  We do.  I am saying that we know that God works all things for the good of those that love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.  So even if I'm forced to choose between less than ideal choices (and that's being generous!), I can take comfort in knowing that God is still in control.

 UL robin's egg

The other part of this equation is that it is our duty and responsibility to vote when given the opportunity.  GO VOTE!  It's a privilege. 

Make it a beautiful day, friends.

Then jump on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook (@JensWallsTalk) to get a piece of what I'm working on with Jen's Walls Talk, LLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment