Friday, June 17, 2016

Remember to Breathe

One would think that since breathing is essential to life, one wouldn't forget to do it.  In fact, most of the time, we just do it without even thinking about it.  It's essential for life--not just recommended or suggested, but vital.  Yet when we have new students learning to spar, it is quite frequent that I have to remind them to breathe.

We spar with each other in a safe, controlled environment.  We know the skill level of each set of opponents.  We wear protective gear.  We have rules and guidelines.  There is not a huge amount of fear in our controlled sparring situations...and still I'm hollering,
"Don't forget to breathe!"
For most people, it's intimidating to spar with another person, at first.  You're fighting. You're hitting. You're kicking.  (You finally have permission to do all the things your mother told you not to do!) It's  understandably a little bit stressful.  And that's exactly when we need to breathe the most.

 Uppercase Living!


I was reminded of that very thing this past week when I was on a phone call with my coach.  Breathe. Stop and breathe.  In Psalm 46:10 it says, "Be still and know that I am God." In a different version it says, "Cease striving and know that I am God." I am in a very busy, growing, striving kind of season right now.  (Can we say crazy?  Selling a house, running a karate school, growing my business, growing & supporting my husband in his new business, designing and implementing a large redecorating job, blogging, working a completely separate full time job, oh, and raising a family--all at the same time.) But I must stop and breathe. I can trust God and know that He is in control.  He will be exalted.  He's got this...and honestly, without Him, I don't.  If I don't lean into Him in this busy season, I will drown.

God is faithful.  I wish I could tell you all the little details He is in, but I can't share just yet.  Just know that He is good.

Make it a beautiful day, friends.

Thank you for stopping by.  I always appreciate when you share.  You can also visit me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (@JensWallsTalk).  See you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment