Monday, August 1, 2016

I'm Right Here

I started writing this blog on January 1, 2015--over a year and half ago.  I've logged over 10,000 page views...even from far away countries (which just blows my mind and shows how small the internet makes our world!).  I enjoy it.  I truly do and I pray that in some small way I've made an impact on other people and hopefully I've encouraged or spread an interesting thought or idea.  I've seen several online business owners share their monthly and/or yearly income statements.  It's usually in order to encourage or show proof that what they are doing and teaching works.  Now it's my turn.  Here's how much money I've made blogging: $0.  Zilch.  Nada.  Nothing.  So why do I do it?  A good question indeed.

Writing a blog is like having an extra job...that you don't get paid for.  However, it still has benefits.  I get to sample what it means to truly means to do something only for the love of doing it. That's a determined labor of love.  

To do something just to do it also gives me opportunity to hone my craft. We only get better by doing and practicing.  I thought I was a pretty decent writer when I started blogging, but when I go back now and read some of those posts from the beginning, I cringe a bit. I'm sure I'll do the same thing to my current posts when I read them down the road.

Blogging also gives me an outlet to process my thoughts.  It sounds odd, but I don't know what I'm going to say until I've written it.  I have an idea, but to put words to an idea helps to solidify my thoughts.  

Occasionally, I start to believe it doesn't matter...this whole Jen's Walls Talk blog is just a joke.  It's a silly, narcissistic exercise to stroke the ego of my creative artist's mind.  Then I look at my fridge.  I see a magnet that inspired me to start this whole blogging thing in the first place.  My friend Lynnette gave it to me.  She's a fellow creative minded entrepreneur.  (Pictured below.) At the time of this writing, she hasn't posted much lately (as she is growing some other amazing endeavors), but there are still some nuggets there.

 By TenaciousLace.com

All this is to say that I'm not going anywhere.  I'm here to stay.  I'll keep doing this blogging thing, and eventually I'll pursue the monetary side of it, too.  In the meantime, I'll keep doing it because I like doing it.  I'll keep doing it because I hope that you get something out of it, too.  I'll keep refining, and growing, and learning, and speaking my voice.

Make it a beautiful day, friends.

If you like what you read here at my Jen's Walls Talk blog, I'd love for you to subscribe simply by entering your email in the "Follow by email" box at the end of this post.  If you'd like to see snippets of the other creative ventures I'm working on, then pop over to Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook (@JensWallsTalk) and follow me there, too.  Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment