Friday, August 12, 2016

No More Brain For You

Space that is.  Brain space.  I'm not giving anymore brain space to anchors.  Now it sounds like I'm talking in some weird code jibberish, but I'm pretty sure you know what I mean.  An anchor is one of those people that, simply put, drags you down...like an anchor on a boat.  Sometimes they are a random person that has come into your life, and sometimes it's a not so random family member or a co-worker...that there is no getting away from.

Sometimes we can use that anchor. Sometimes we can let the anchor motivate us.  When I say motivate, I'm not saying get mad.  Mad is not the same as motivate.  Rather, let it motivate you to define yourself.  Let it motivate you to clarify who you are and what you want and to create further understanding in your own brain about who you truly are.  I had an anchor experience last weekend, and it prompted this post about who I am and how I feel about myself.

It is never my intent to be an anchor, but if I am an anchor to you, please drop me.  But let's explore some ideas for a moment before you do that; I am happy for you even when your success is different than mine, so I'm pretty sure I'm not the anchor in that situation.  And I'd much rather have the hard conversation and you tell me how I'm being an anchor to you, so I can work on that myself. I'm fairly certain I won't continue to be the anchor there...so maybe you are your own anchor.

 colors: UL Caribbean blue & Nautical blue


Either way, I am choosing to not dwell on the negative.  I'm choosing to fill my mind with things that are growing me in a positive direction.  I'm choosing to let the anchors go be anchors somewhere else...even though they continue to be in my life.  I am choosing to have positive anchors such as truth from God's word, encouraging words from friends and family that truly know me, and hope that I am following the path the I know God has given to me.

Make it a beautiful day, friends.

As soon as you are done here, jump over to Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to see what kind of Wall Talking fun I'm having today.  I'm @JensWallsTalk. You can also subscribe to this blog by entering your email in the box below.



No comments:

Post a Comment